Friday, September 10, 2010

Vacation

One of hubby's primary concerns, well the one he can articulate at the moment, is about a vacation we have planned. It's scheduled to take place a couple of weeks after the baby is due. Well, it seems unlikely that we'd want to take a 1-2 week old infant 8 hours away. But we haven't had a vacation in 4 years!!!! We're really overdue for some family away time.

So, this morning hubby emailed the condo owner and explained the situation. You won't guess how the man replied. He said he was adopted and "it is always special to me to hear the joyous news of adoption". I mean, REALLY??!!! He assured us that he's happy to move the dates without financial penalty. He also said he'd be praying for and thinking of us. Check.

It reminded me of how all the checks just fell into place with the kid. They were different kinds of checks (a crib, a dresser, etc...) but they were checks. It's amazing how things sometimes can work out, if you have a little faith, and don't get in the way.

And again, all I'm left with is "crap y'all".

3 comments:

Andi said...

Goes back to everything happening for a reason! It's amazing how we are reminded of that in little ways! Still praying and sending postivie energy your way!

J Melton said...

I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes, which, although not on point, is analogous: "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."==Martin Luther King, Jr. If I were adapting it, I'd guess I'd say the arc of the parental universe is long, but it tends towards good parents being rewarded. So yeah. Just don't tell anyone I said something nice to you. It would ruin my street cred.

Becky said...

Ok, but don't tell anyone that I kind of teared up that you said something nice to me ;) Thanks, J.