Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today

Today I was going to write about something, but it can wait til tomorrow. Compared to what today is really about, it's unimportant.

So, today I remember the day our lives changed as a country. Today I remember where I was when things turned upside down. Today I remember disbelief. Today I remember driving to work, hearing of the first plane. Today I remember telling my coworkers. Today I remember their faces and words of disbelief. Today I remember watching the second plane. Then hearing of the third. Today I remember first thinking what a horrible accident. Today I remember the horror when I realized that it was not an accident. Today I remember when we all slowly realized that it was not an accident. Today I remember loss of innocence. Today I remember the fear. Today I remember the grief. Today I remember those who died. Today I remember those who survived. Today I remember those still affected. Today I remember those who were lost. Today I remember the sadness.

Today I remember. Today the lesson is that I will always remember.

1 comment:

Allison said...

That was beautiful, Becky. Thanks for saying so well what we all have in our hearts today.