Thursday, April 5, 2012

Springtime

Today's HAWMC challenge is to go to flickr, find an image and write a post inspired by that image. For some reason, I (as a fairly computer/Internet literate person) can't get a picture from there to post here. Which kind of makes the post hard to do. I mean, I could try to describe the really cool picture of all these waterfalls in a Twi.light-ish background, but it doesn't seem quite the same. So, instead, I'm going to talk about the change in my blog background.

I've had the same template since I started this blog about 2 years ago. Mostly I haven't changed it because, well, perhaps I was a bit lazy. And a tad overwhelmed by trying to find a new background that I liked, as that was a bit of a challenge the first time around. Today, though, seemed a good time to find something new.

Lately, things in my life have seemed to...well...shift slightly. It's not that anything big has changed, or anything dramatic has happened. Not at all. Which may be the difference. Perhaps it is that the chaos and constant ups and downs of the last 2 years have finally settled a bit.

Are there still things we are struggling with? Absolutely. We continue to grieve MIL's passing. I know that Mothers' day next month will be hard. My weight and feelings about it - just ick. Infertility, well, it will always suck.

But, all of these things are starting to feel a little more manageable of late. And overall it seems like we've entered a new season. And it feels like Spring. Spring is my favorite season. Everything is blooming. Fresh. Colorful, New. Hopeful. I don't remember the last time it was here. And I am so very glad to see its return.

Today's lesson: It's interesting how the seasons of our lives don't always coincide with the seasons of the calendar. Spring for me does not equate Spring for a neighbor and friend who finds herself mourning the loss of her baby, who was born much too soon. Please join me in sending love and prayers to this beautiful woman and her husband.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Spring...and your blog design is the perfect representation of it! I will absolutely be sending out some healing vibes for your friend who lost her precious baby...you're right. May she have a reason to smile in the coming seasons.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your friend... I will send prayers out to her.

Emms said...

I love the new background. I too love spring. It's so fresh and new, how can you not love it?!

Did you manage to get some sleep?

One and Done? said...

The new look for your blog is so cute! :-)