Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I write because...

Specifically, I write about infertility because...
I don't want to forget the journey we've taken to parenthood
I want our children to know how much they were wanted
I want other women to know they are not alone
I want people to know that infertility isn't something we have to bear in silence
I need a way to process the feelings infertility has left me with
I use it is an outlet to support others
I need support myself from others who have also "been there"
I want a record of it all - the good, the bad, and the ugly


Today's lesson: Writing for 15 minutes straight is harder than it sounds. And, it seems, is something I'm not capable of. At least on only a few hours of sleep.

2 comments:

Astrid said...

Becky, thank you for the comment. You are writing about something people don't talk about nearly enough, something people are more apt to be ashamed of, and it does take a very STRONG woman to do that. You have a beautiful family, and I cannot wait to read more of your posts!

Peg said...

You also are a very good writer who captures your thoughts, feelings and experiences in a way that really resonate with your readers...keep it up!

oh...and go take a nap :)