Thursday, April 11, 2013

HAWMC: Day 11, Favorites

Today's prompt is to write about my favorite social network. This is a tricky one for me. Uh, actually, it's not a particularly interesting one for me. But, being me, and not able to let it go, I feel the need to write about it anyway. So, feel free to skip this post. Really, I would.

I love me some Pin.terest. I love all the craft ideas it brings me. Though heaven knows when I'll have time (or talent!) to do even 5% of those crafts. All the recipes are fun. Though it's certainly ironic that I pin so many seeing as how hubby does the majority of the cooking in our house. And since he, um, kinda has a hard time following recipes. My main issue with Pin.terest is that I do believe it, in some ways, gives us mamas another way to feel guilty. At least for me - it's often a reminder of all the things I'm not (you know, crafty, a great cook, super organized, a fabulous house keeper, etc...). And yet, I still love it.

Face.book is another site I'm totally addicted to. It's a total time suck most days. But, it's also introduced me to people I'd never have met otherwise (who I'm glad to know and have made my life better for knowing them). Because of FB, I have been able to give baby E breastmilk for over 2 years. That alone makes FB priceless to me.

Uh, yeah. That's all I got, people.


Today's Lesson: Everything you say, or write, doesn't have to be perfect. Or life changing. Or even good. Sometimes done is better than perfect.

No comments: