Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Inspiration

I come up with all kinds of brilliant or at least entertaining post ideas when I'm laying in bed and can't sleep (which is a lot lately). I mean, really, inspiration abounds. And yet, once morning dawns, the ideas are fleeting. This obviously means I need an ipad so I can jot them down while I'm in bed, thus not further jeopardizing my attempts to sleep (get ideas out, but don't get out of bed and wake self up even more).

I know what you're thinking - why not just have a pad of paper and pencil. But this has several pitfalls. First, I don't have a bedside table or anything on/in which to store said paper and pencil. Second, it's dark then. And, should I turn on the light, I would risk waking poor hubby. And I certainly wouldn't want to do that. Lastly, one of my children is bound to stab himself or his brother with said pencil. And heaven knows the ED social worker does not need to be bringing one of her children in to the ED with a pencil-eye injury. Really, it's all about job security.

So, clearly, I need an ipad.

Today's Lesson: This genius post is the perfect example of why I need an ipad. The stuff I came up with last night was infinitely more interesting, though likely just as rambling.

No comments: