Sunday, July 8, 2012

12 Years

If you don't read the Bloggess, well you should. But, in case you don't, she had a hilarious post this week, celebrating her 16th anniversary. Please go read it. I'll wait. Seriously, my post won't make much sense if you don't.

Today is my anniversary. 12years the hubby and I have been married. The man has put up with a lot of crap from me. And he's done it mostly with, if not a smile exactly, then certainly quite a bit of tolerance. I'm a lucky girl.

Here's a little confession. I'm not a good gift giver. Like, at all. Hubby's much better at it than I am. Sometimes I'll get lucky and give someone something they like, but really, that's almost always luck. When I hear someone say they like something, I take them at their word and try to store away that info for later (because I have such a hard time coming up with ideas on my own). However, that sometimes mean I end up getting someone - hubby - gifts that while utilitarian, are not so, uh, romantic.

This is the case this year. Hubby is getting a backyard composter. He keeps talking about how much he thinks we need one, that he wants one because the one he built doesn't really work all that well (it takes FOREVER!!!). And I know that it's probably the least romantic gift ever. But, for one, he said several times he wanted one. Two, it'll make his life easier (less maintenance on the compost). And three, I couldn't come up with anything else.

I wish I was as good a gift giver as the Bloggess...

I figure since hubby and I dated for 4 years before being married, technically it's our 16th anniversary, right? So, I'm pretty sure one of us is due a sloth. Or kangaroo. Or hedgehog. I'm just assuming hubby's got this one covered. Or has plans 4 years from now to take care of it. Because he is a good gift giver. I'm pretty sure I'll either get that sloth, or a necklace. Either will be lovely.

Happy Anniversary, hubby. I love you!

Today's Lesson: And this is why Pin.terest is so awesome. It helps those of us who are totally sucky gift givers, have a better chance. But not so much this time. Perhaps I should have spent more time on Pin.terest...

3 comments:

Alex said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm the worst gift giver too... But composter - sounds romantic to me! :)

Unknown said...

Well, a composter is better than what my hubby got for our 6th anniversary last week. He got nothing! Well I guess he did get to go wine tasting and stay at a bed and breakfast (all of which I planned) but he didn't even get a card!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
I suck at presents most years, too, but guys are just hard to buy for.