Thursday, May 26, 2011

33 Things

So, in honor of my 33rd birthday (which is today, btw), I decided to come up with a list of the things I'm grateful for, and since I am 33 today and all, that seemed like a good number. So, here goes (in completely random order)...

  1. My momma, because let's face it, I just wouldn't be here (or who I am) without her.
  2. The sun (thank you for the breaks in the rain - finally!!)
  3. My kiddo. And really, I could come up with a list at least 33 things I'm specifically grateful for about him. I'll probably include a few below, just because.
  4. Baby E - his cuteness, his intensity, how happy he is, the little fat rolls he's started getting, so, so many things
  5. But a big one is - Baby E sleeping better the last 2 nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. The kid's humor, his compassion, his empathy.
  7. Hubby - he takes care of me, makes me popcorn with minimal whining on my part, out up a clothesline in the backyard for me, and puts up with me in general. He's kinda awesome.
  8. My Highlander. Really, my vehicle has been fantastic - not a problem out of it in 8 years.
  9. Chocolate. 'Nuf said.
  10. Flip flops. Love them.
  11. Camping - we're going on our first trip of the season this weekend. It'll be the first one ever with baby E. Hopefully I'll still be grateful for camping once we get back... However, I so appreciate the time we get to spend together as a family.
  12. Twilight, all 4 of 'em (Don't judge!)
  13. HM4HB and all the mommas who help to feed baby E.
  14. Ms. M, our AMAZING sitter, and my sweet friend.
  15. Pedicures. Bliss.
  16. My Moby - I wouldn't have made it through the 1st several months with Baby E without it.
  17. Scrapbooks and scrapbooking, and the occasional time to pursue them
  18. My friend JE, particularly the decadent cake she made for me this past weekend (head on over to her blog to see the cake - it was yummy!)
  19. L and D, the kid's birth parents, and R and D, baby E's birthparents and A, R's mother/baby E's birth grandmother.
  20. Our backyard garden
  21. Wednesday, June 1st, 11am! And all the people who are coming to share it with us.
  22. The kid knowing that he shouldn't have red dye and (almost) always avoiding it
  23. Having this blog as an outlet
  24. The patience I seem to be slowly growing.
  25. Laurie Berkner. Her music gives me some "quiet" in the mornings (from the 2 little chatterboxes in the backseat). If you have kids, and want some music that won't make you want to tear your hair out, check her out. We have several CD's and I really like them all (so do the boys, of course).
  26. Peonies - my current fav flower
  27. Ice Cream
  28. Cloth diapers - I feel like a crunchy momma using them and they have been such a good financial decision for us. Also, they're so easy and I love the way they look hanging on my clothesline in the backyard :)
  29. Open adoption
  30. Starbucks. Yes, I'm now addicted.
  31. The Farmers' Market
  32. The SNS. Though I really wish I didn't need it, I am grateful it exists as it has allowed me to nurse my babies.
  33. Being a Momma. And, most days, a pretty good one.
Today's lesson - I am loved. Birthdays are a good reminder of that for all of us.

2 comments:

Elphaba said...

Okay I'm totally anti-flip flop but the rest of your list rocks ;)

Becky said...

Lol! Really, anti-flip flips. I've never heard of such a thing ;) Although, I have seen a rash of people (mostly guys) wearing them with socks lately. Not cool. Not cool at all.