Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tomorrow!

So, tomorrow's the big day. The day we finally - at least in the eyes of the law - become a family for forever and always. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm sad about the people who can not join us. I'm disappointed and frustrated by the people who have chosen not to join us. I'm relieved. I'm grateful. I'm happy.

And, mostly, I'm just ready. Ready for this chapter, which has been full of so many ups and downs, to be closed.  Ready for a new one to begin. Ready to not have to make that qualifier of "we're in the process of adopting him". Ready to instead just say "he's our son". I'm ready.

Today's lesson - while in my heart it doesn't matter what some court says, in the eyes of the law, and all those other institutions that rely on the law, this is the last step in making baby E part of our family. It's going to be a good day.

1 comment:

Emms said...

Have fun today! I'm glad it will be made final for you :)