Saturday, June 30, 2012

Jesus Horses

Long ago. Before we had kids. When I used to get lots of glorious sleep. When I could sleep in in the mornings until 10 or even noon if I wanted (uh, and I usually did). I used to stay up and watch Saturday Ni.ght Live. It's been a looooong time since that happened. But something reminded me today of once clip that I loved back then, and, frankly, still do.

Hubby and I were in bed one evening watching television (this was also when we had a - super tiny - television in our room. These days, there's a TV in the living room, and that's it). SN.L was on. Hubby was mostly asleep, but I couldn't sleep (you know, probably because I hadn't gotten up until noon) so was watching.

And then this clip came on (I wish I could find the whole long clip, but I can't for some reason). And, you all, I could not stop laughing. I mean, giddy, hysterical, tears streaming down my face, make my cheeks and belly hurt because I'm laughing so hard, kind of laughing. Do you know the kind I'm talking about?

Now, I don't really know exactly why that particular thing hit me as so funny. But it did. And it still to this day makes me giggle - sometimes uncontrollably - when I think of the phrase "Jesus Horses". Ah. So funny.

Today's Lesson: The Urb.an Dict.ionary offers this brief explanation of "Jesus Horses". Whether or not you think this is funny, I think it's important to find something that makes you laugh like this. Laughter is good not just for the soul, but for the body as well. Also, it's good for a marriage.

No comments: