- Just because your baby hated, and I mean hated (!!!!!), the pool recently, it doesn't mean he won't be jumping in to water over his head the very next time.
- Watching your 6yo be the leader of a gang of kids will provoke feelings of pride, wonder, and a little nostalgia.
- Your baby, who loves to eat rocks at home, well, he will still love to eat rocks while you're camping.
- If you're going to spend a few hours at the pool and your hair is in pig tails, you should apply sunscreen along the part. Or just plan not to brush it or use the hairdryer for the next few days.
- Melatonin is still a wonder drug, even when you're camping.
- Having your mom there to help watch the kids makes this whole camping with 2 kids thing a lot easier.
- Watching a family who has 4 little kids camp will make you feel silly for complaining about camping with just 2 (and want to take lessons from them about how to pack and organize everything!).
- Camping is a fun way to spend your birthday (although a spa day would be great, too).
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Some Camping Lessons
Memorial Day weekend was our first camping trip of the summer. Here are a few short lessons I learned: