Friday, May 4, 2012

Almost so sweet

Baby E is standing on the floor in front of me. I'm all dressed and ready to go to work. Hubby is home with the boys today, there being no school and all (for some reason). I'm sad to be leaving. But I consider whether to pick up baby E. He seems to have reminents of breakfast still on him and I don't want that all over me and my work clothes.

Baby E reaches up for me. "Up, pease? Up, pease, Momma?". He kisses his little hands and then puts them together, palms up, near his face like a little bouquet of cuteness. I pick him up. He has a serious look on his face. He slowly takes his little hands and rubs my cheeks with his palms, saying, "awwww".

My initial reaction is also, "awww, sweet baby". But about the time I get to the "swee..." part, I realize his hands are wet. And then "awww" quickly turns in to "ewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!" as I realize he was not kissing his hands, but spitting into them.

I put him down. Quickly. He runs around the room, laughing hysterically. Thrilled to have gotten spit all over me.

Giggles, giggles, giggles.  Ew, ew, ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's lesson: I don't know what the heck to do with boys.

7 comments:

Alex said...

Oh my goodness - this is hysterical!!! So funny!!!

Motleymommy said...

Oh. Too. Funny! I was halfway into a delicious mommy melting moment over the "aw"ness of your sweet boy and I read your spit comment and bust out laughing. at work. Love it

Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

That totally made my day! I shouldn't laugh though because now I am sure James will do something similar to me when he is a little older!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Gives me something to look forward too :).

Emms said...

Oh mama, I am laughing because I do the exact same thing when Bug wants up and I'm all ready for work. Luckily, I have not enjoyed the spit face wash yet :-) ha ha ha, this is a great story!!

Anonymous said...

oh so sorry but that cracked me up!! I grew up with three brothers and never fail to be amused by how gross they are and how they love it!

Jenn and Casey said...

Bahahaha. This was great!