Thursday, August 26, 2010

No more biting

I wanted to thank you all for your support and kind comments. One friend even offered a parenting support hotline, which I was totally going to call. But then I remembered that I'd lost my cellphone as part of that crappy day (did I mention the kid also puked in the car that morning - yeah bad day), and that we don't have a home phone, and then hubby's phone died and was in need of charging. So, I didn't get to call. However, the being in his room all day and complete loss of privileges seems to have been effective - at least for now. He apparently had a fantastic day at school yesterday and was pretty good at home, though was really wound up. Though he still isn't expressing feeling any regret about biting the kid on Friday, he does feel sad, guilty, and ashamed about biting his friend Tuesday. I figure this is progress, right?

While we're still not at all sure what's going on with him, I am sure it will come out sooner or later. And, as my momma pointed out, all we can do is take it one day at a time.

Today's lesson - biting is bad. Oh, what? You think you already knew that? Well, I thought my kid already knew it, too. I just figure it's a good reminder for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think sad, guilty, ashamed = regret for a small child cut him a little slack.

Becky said...

Anonymous - I totally agree and that was actually kind of what I was trying to say. I do think he regrets biting his friend on Tuesday. However, the other kid he bit, the one from Friday, he doesn't regret or feel bad about that one; he's still just pissed at that kid.