Sunday, August 15, 2010

Confessions of a cranky mom

So the vast majorities of days I am thrilled to be a mom. I love my kid more than life itself, and find him absolutely hilarious. All I want to hear is his sweet voice, singing, or talking, or being funny. All I want to feel are his little arms around me, with his hot little breath against my cheek. I want to read to him, play Legos, or just listen to him while he does whatever it is he's doing. I enjoy putting way his small, good-smelling laundry. I love to cuddle with him while he's falling asleep at naptime. Most days, I am absorbed by his wonderfulness.

As you've probably guessed, today is not one of those days. Today, I just want him to be quiet, preferably somewhere else. Today, I don't want his sticky little fingers grabbing at me while he's screaming and clinging to my neck (while we're at church, I might add). Today, I want his stupid Legos to not be all over my freaking floor. Today I don't want to deal with his nasty underwear because he had "a little poop accident". Today I want hubby to put him down for his nap, and I want that nap to last about 3 hours. Today I want to still be his mom, but, for the moment, only in name. Today I am having a hard time remembering all the wonderfulness. Today I want someone else to deal with the (literal and figurative) mommy crap.

No comments: