Saturday, September 17, 2011

This week has been...

... long. Baby E has been feeling sickly (I think it's teeth?) and work has been... not even sure the right word for that. Brutal, maybe? Disappointing for sure.  Things are about to change big time there and change is always hard. Also, I'm not sure these changes are going to be good for me or my family. So, I'm job searching. Again. Sigh...

But there have also been awesome things this week. The kid seems to have hit upon some kind of understanding of what the expectations are at school and has had a pretty super week. Mostly all "green" days. Thank the lord for that. He's been awesomely behaved at home as well. I think part of this is that his asthma symptoms again seem to be under control so he's sleeping better. Fall often seems to be a difficult time for him. Remember THIS, when he was biting? Yeah. Early fall's not that kid's season.

Also, baby E - and seriously I'm terrified to put this out there - has now slept through the night and  in his bed for 3 nights straight. Now, I'm going to go ahead and asssume it's 'cause he's not feeling well and we've given him some Motrin (which I don't really like doing, but he seems miserable without it!). So, probably today, since he's feeling better and we didn't give the motrin to him, he'll be up all night again. Hopefully not. But probably. I'm happy I got those 3 awesome nights at least.

So, I'm grateful for this weekend. As we recover from baby E being whiny and clingy for several days, and prepare for bad work news on Monday, I am grateful for a weekend of play dates with new friends, wonderful friends who borrow the kid for a trip to a corn maze, a chance to prepare for baby E's birthday next weekend (right?!! Can you believe he'll be 1 next week?!??!! I can't!!!!), and just some down time.

Today's lesson - a year in some ways is a very short amount of time. Like the year between when your baby is born, and when he turns 1. But a year in some ways, is ever so long. Like the year before you know that baby will be born. Time is such a funny thing. You really don't ever know what it will bring. And while that year can be impossibly long, it can at the same time be impossibly short. Funny how something can be both a thing, and it's opposite all at once...

No comments: