Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Birthday, Grayson!!

If you don't know/read Elizabeth and Grayson at Snips, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tales, well, you should. Elizabeth is a fabulous blogger, and an even more wonderful mama. Grayson, who - lets be honest - is adorable, has been diagnosed with Mitochondrial disease. Mito is, in short, a genetic disease that occurs when "the mitochondria of the cell fails to produce enough energy for cell or organ function" (www.Mitoaction.org).

A few weeks ago, this family got the horrific news that Grayson has been given the fatal diagnosis of Leigh's Disease (a form of Mito). I don't know how Elizabeth is still standing. Her grace and faith are beautiful and inspiring. And G's smile never fails to bring one to my face as well.

Today we are celebrating baby E's 2nd birthday with a party with family and friends. And yet I know Grayson, his birthday and his family will be frequently on my mind. Please join me in wishing Grayson a Happy 2nd Birthday. And I know Elizabeth would also appreciate your prayers as she and her family figure out how to navigate through their new reality.

Happy Birthday, beautiful boy!!!

 
 
 
 
Today's Lesson: Sometimes we are touched by people who we have never met, people who we will likely never meet. Sometimes those people are regular, everyday people who are just living their lives. But they're doing it in such a way that they inspire others. They are a gift to us. And we can be a gift to them by letting them know what they have given us. 

4 comments:

Alex said...

I love your lesson. So very true. Happy birthday Grayson!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love your lesson and I feel the exact same way about you and so many other bloggers I have never met. Thank you, thank you for this wonderful gift you gave my family this morning. It's been an overwhelmingly sad and hard 2 weeks, but this is definitely a bright spot. And Happy Birthday to baby E- hope the party is fabulous!

M said...

Happy Birthday Grayson!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Grayson!