Monday, January 21, 2013

The best thing...

...I ever read in a patient's medical record

A lizard was present at the patient's resuscitation. Blurry squirrels will emergently take patient to the OR.

I have no idea what the doctor meant to write in his note. I'm quite certain it wasn't this. But, if it was, I love him.

Pretty sure, though, that what actually happened is he dictated it and then didn't go back, read and correct it. I kept waiting all day for him to do that, and then change it. And I'm quite happy that, as I leave tonight, it still reads as above. Because, I mean really, who wouldn't want that in his/her medical record?!


Today's Lesson: Sometimes you find the most unexpected things in the most expected places. Like a lizard, or blurry squirrels, in the emergency department. Or at least a good laugh in a medical chart.

4 comments:

Jenny F. Scientist, PhD said...

OH DEAR. I... can't even imagine what that person meant. Blurry SQUIRRELS???? In someone's legal medical record. Priceless.

BumbersBumblings said...

hysterical!!!!

Kelly said...

Oh, my. Thanks for the giggle. I needed that.

Logical Libby said...

Who knows, maybe he's actually Beatrix Potter M.D.