Monday, March 7, 2011

Thankfulness

Today I felt the need to write about some of the things for which I'm thankful. So, here they are:
  • I am constantly amazed by the generosity of strangers. Case and point, baby E has gotten milk from 6 amazing women thus far and we have a couple more who are going to donate soon. They're all amazing women in my book. The most endearing (and funny!) is the one where hubby met another dad in a McDee's parking lot for a drop off. I wish I had pics of that exchange!! But there's 1 momma who I'd like you to keep in your thoughts and prayers. I am particularly thankful, and in awe, of this woman. This momma lost her baby. I don't know what happened to this little soul, other than he was a month old when he passed away. I can only imagine the horrific pain this family is experiencing. And in the midst of it, the momma wanted to make sure that the milk she'd pumped for her little son would be used by a baby who needs it. I like to think that her gift to us will give her a little bit of peace in the midst of her pain.
  • That Spring is sooooo close! My daffodils are just on the cusp of blooming. They will be a welcoming sight. It has been a long, cold winter here and I'm over it.
  • The laughter of my two little boys. It's really the best sound ever.
  • New co-workers who have welcomed me warmly. Old co-workers who supported me through a crazy year and have kept in touch.
  • My Moby Wrap. Really, as far as inanimate objects go, it's my most favorite thing. Only Starbucks comes in even a close second. I don't think I would have survived the first couple of months after baby E was born without Moby. And, even now, some days it's the only reason I'm able to get anything done.
  • My husband who puts up with me, my need for things to be in their places, my exhaustion, my frequent requests for water (while I'm nursing) right when he's sat down, and many other endearing qualities (aka annoying quirks).
  • Both boys' birth families. This goes without saying!
  • This beautiful little face. It's been such a process to get him here. That makes me appreciate him even more.



So, today's lesson is one that is worth remembering - the human spirit is beautiful and loving, even when experiencing the most awful pain imaginable.

No comments: