Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Crud

We've been fighting the crud - me and both boys - for 3 months now. We seem to keep passing it around. And around. And around. This is now the 4th round. Just call us Momma Snot and her two little Buggers. It's congestion, and headaches and just feeling crummy. It's super fun.

And, really, that's about all that's been goin' on around here. Nothing else too exciting. Really. Nothing else. Unless you count how much I adore my new Kindle. It's just the basic one (that's what I asked for), but I love, LOVE it. And this coming from the girl who said she'd never forsake real books. Count me in as a convert.

Oh yeah. I've started my new job as a social worker at a hospital emergency department. That's been interesting. It's going to be a bit of a change for us as a family as we adjust to what will be (in a week or two) my new work schedule (2-8hour days and 2-12 hour days, along with every 3rd Saturday). I like the job thus far, though that schedule does have both hubby and I a bit nervous.

The kid continues to do much better with Mrs M and I am so very happy with our decision to switch him.

Baby E...sigh. That child. He is such a daredevil. Scares me, he does. I feel like we spend a majority of our time at home getting him out of things. Or off of things. Or taking things out of his mouth. I mean, I know you do that with all kids. But this one. Wowziers. Compared to the kid (who can be a bit of a handful on his own), baby E is quite the little tornado. That smile he constantly has on, though, it makes it worth it.

So, yeah, that's about all here. At least for now. I know this was a terribly exciting post. You're welcome. I'll try to be more riveting next time. (Really, I will!)

Today's lesson: Toddlers are notorious for being picky eaters. However, this apparently does not extend to things they aren't supposed to put in their mouths. Like paper. Or compost.

No comments: